Re: filmscanners: NikonLS-3510AF

The LS-3510AF had MANY more problems than steppers. Trust me. I had painful
experience
with one for years. And my machine worked for it's specs. Examples: dynamic
range
(never published, but told to me by Nikon after warranty period) only about 2.4;
Windows version software had bug which effectively disabled any realistic B&W
scanning...Nikon promised a bug fix from when I bought it but never did, yada,
yada...

One thing Nikon was proud of, - they said the thing is built like a tank
inside. And
it always worked for me within it's envelope of bad software, poor range, harsh
light
source, etc(!). Maybe I just got a "good" one though?

Only saw the inside once but I think the stepper runs a toothed belt and toothed
pullys- this would be fairly robust. Of course, other things could be wrong with
positioning on some machines...

--
Jim Hayes

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.