Re: filmscanners: Grain in Color negative Film

At 09:08 25/03/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Roman: I agree with you and respect your obvious expertise... the key
>words you
>have written are "tweak the process" and follow the manufacturer's
>recommendations... which most mini-labs with part time teenage help are
>less likely
>to do that a pro lab... not mention cleanliness of the processor..
>
>Mike M.

the only thing required these days is to put the test strip through, then
measure and send the results to supplier. Kodak, Agfa, Fuji offer service
to the customers (quality control). Teenagers are no more hassled by
high-tech equipment. Profi labs can use similar systems (Q from Kodak).
BTW, more often than not, good running process "requires" quality plots to
be outside the limits. I'm not joking. The end product is a print or slide,
not a test strip. The test strips are made of one type (usually ISO100),
while  the process has to cater for the whole a lot. As long as the
customers are happy, just keep it constant.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.