filmscanners: Scanning issue

I'm fairly new to the digital darkroom scene and am having some
difficulty getting what I think should be good scans.  I am using a
Canon FS2710 with the canon scanning software invoked via TWAIN from PS
6.0 on a computer at my place of employment.  I burn the images (PSD
files) to a cd then load them on my PC at home (which also uses PS 6.0)
and make any adjustments and do the printing there.  I notice that all
of my images are at least 2 stops too dark and the colors not nearly as
vibrant as on the original Ektachrome slides.  I am not making any
adjustments whatsoever during the scanning process, is that my problem?
Should I be making some adjustments in the scanning software prior to
saving the image in PS or ???  Also, I doubt that the monitor on the
office PC is correctly balanced (it's pretty old), would that make a
difference?

Thanks for any help!

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.