Re: filmscanners: Neg film for scanning

The Konica VX-400 I have in my fridge says Made in Japan - but I'm in
Australia, so who knows..  (Before you ask I haven't tried it yet.)

We have a few supermarket brands down here, and it seems to be always 'Made
in Germany', so I had assumed it was Agfa..?

I didn't think 3M were still in the 35mm film business.

MT

At 08:00 AM 25/03/01 +0100, you wrote:
..
>The Tesco pack says on it "Produced in the E.U. and packed
>in the UK". I think this means it was made in one of a
>handful of plants in the EU. Do I remember correctly that 3M
>had a plant in Italy? Who owns it now? It is the 'Ferrania'
>plant I remember from my youth? Then there are the E.German
>plants ('Orwo' many years ago). Do they still exist? Has
>Konica got a European manufacturing base?
>
>Any info gratefully received.
>
>Alan T

Mark Thomas   markthom@camtech.net.au
http://www.adelaide.net.au/~markthom