Re: filmscanners: VueScan, Insight, Epson (David H.) take note)

An article I read a few months back suggested that even when scanning to
web screen resolution (72 to 100 dpi or so), the results were
considerably better if the image was first scanned at higher resolution
(600-1200 dpi) and then downsampled to the lower 72-100 dpi for screen
display, using any reasonable image manipulation software.

Art

Bill Ross wrote:

>       VueScan has limited options for scan resolutions,
>       I only need 72 dpi if I'm scanning for the web, not 500).
>
> Scanning 72 dpi off of film will give you a web image about the size
> of the film itself.
>
> Bill Ross

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.