Re: filmscanners: RE: OT UK Copyright Issues

France has such legislation, but not the UK.

The only restrictions anyone can impose are if you are taking photographs
on private property, in which case the owner of the property or his or her
burly security guards (!) can complain. Shopping centres are a surprising
example of this, the security personnel in such are of ten very
anti-photography.

That isn't a copyright issue though. Should you succeed in taking pictures
of a building in such circumstances, there is nothing the owners can do
subsequently, even if the picture makes you lots of money.

CookeJ@logica.com (Cooke, Julie) wrote:

> Does anyone know about UK copyright regarding buildings/land marks. I've
> heard that the Lloyds Building is copyrighted and you are not allowed to
> sell photographs of it. Although I've been unable to find any
> information
> which tells me this?
>
> I've also heard recently of a Formula One web site being sued for having
> photos of Formula One cars on it. The site is not commercial and was
> set up
> by someone who is a fan of racing.
>
> I've read the book Beyond The Lens, which has a chapter on copyright but
> where is the specific information about buildings/places that cannot be
> photographed? I'm sure the Formula One fan would not have set up his
> site if
> he had known.
>
> Julie

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.