Re: filmscanners: This might help with writing CDs

At 18:19 15-03-01 -0600, Henry Richardson wrote:
>Recently there have been lots of messages concerning writing to CDs and
>some people have had occasional problems getting a good CD made.  For the
>last couple of years I have been using a freeware program called Cacheman
>that has a graphical interface that you can use to adjust several internal
>Windows 95/98/ME parameters that control the disk cache.  In addition, it
>has some optimal preset values you can use for several different types of
>PC usage.  <snip>

NT4 and Win2K users can try this highly effective technique:

1)  Right-click the Windows taskbar to select Task Manager.

2)  Next, right-click the task that corresponds to your CD-burning
application, Adaptec/Roxio, Nero, or whatever.

3)  Change the task priority from Normal to High.

Now your application will get all the CPU time it needs without shutting
down other tasks though they will slowdown noticeably. You can also set
your burner application to Real-Time so that no unseen or background task,
for example, Diskkeeper or whatnot will get any CPU time. This should
prevent the creation of coasters.

HTH

Cary Enoch Reinstein aka Enoch's Vision, Inc., Peach County, Georgia
http://www.enochsvision.com/ http://www.bahaivision.com/ -- "Behind all
these manifestations is the one radiance, which shines through all things.
The function of art is to reveal this radiance through the created object."
~Joseph Campbell

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.