RE: filmscanners: analog gain

> When you're satisfied, change the resolution back and reinsert the
> "Viewer"
> line instructions for the real scan.

I expect that the filters are very sensitive to resolution and that if the
resolution is changed that the effects will change dramatically.  The IR
cleaning may be similar at different resolutions but I expect the VueScan
equivalents of GEM, ROC, and the non IR ICE to produce quite different
results.  From my reading of the ROC patent and what I can deduce about GEM,
neither will work very well with a low resolution scan.  It would be very
interesting if someone would verify this.  If I have time, I will try it out
this weekend.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.