Re: filmscanners: analog gain

I don't know about the 'analog gain', but I previewed 3 times last night, on the same image, and none of them picked up the 'clean' function. I was getting discouraged, but the final scan came out beautifully clean. It would be nice if the 'clean' functions worked on the preview, so one could best select which version to scan. I suppose it would slow the process of bringing up the preview, but the idea of keeping the quick-and-dirty lo-res preview for 'crop-only' weakens its use too much for my taste. I think a second preview ought to pick up the scanning instructions, so the hi-res scan will have the right options. Ignoring them on the first round would avoid slowing things down, and picking them up on the second would satisfy someone who was not in too much of a hurry to worry about the options.
Hersch

At 04:59 PM 03/14/2001 +1000, you wrote:
Jules wrote:
> i think you misunderstood.  vuescan does not show the RGB analog
> gain in the preview *>scan<*.  what guy was saying is that he
> has to check the full scan to see the effects of analog gain.
> i concur with guy, it would be great to see the effect in the
> preview scan.

Unless Ed has disabled the feature, Vuescan certainly used to,
but you *must* run the preview scan again (ie. scan from the
scanner not memory) before you'll see the difference.

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.