RE: filmscanners: how much time do you spend futzing with scans...

I scan about 8 slides an hour on average using an SS4000. For each slide, I
manually clean and correct one full size unsharpened scan (about 50 Mbytes),
create one 1856x1392 sharpened reduction for my personal viewing pleasure on
my monitor, and one 640x480 sharpened reduction for sharing with people on
the web. I am constantly busy during this hour, overlapping image processing
with physical scanning. This time does not count printing selected images.
To do that I sharpen the full size scan (but never save it) before printing.

Frank Paris
marshalt@spiritone.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.