RE: filmscanners: I got a Nikon LS-40 on Loan

Avi33 writes ...

> The DMAX of the LS-40 will be 3.6 instead of
> the 3.0 DMAX in the LS-30.

        Unfortunately, it is up for debate what any Dmax is for the Nikon
scanners.  That is, their Dmax specification seems to be simply what
the bit depth is capable of storing, and may have absolutely nothing
to to do with its true sensitivity or accuracy, or signal-over-noise.
I am however, optimistic for these new Nikons ... Ed seems to believe
they have improved in this respect ... he didn't mention the typical
LED noise the Nikons are noted for.

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.