RE: filmscanners: analog gain (nikon ls-2000) and negative film

Jules writes ...

> there's one thing that's really perplexing to me.
> why is analog gain adjustement of the nikon
> ls-2000 not available for negative film (both
> vuescan and nikonscan seem to ignore it when
> scanning negative film)?

        It has been a long time since I quit using
NS and switched to VS, but it seems to me you are
correct regarding NS.  However, it seems to be
"analog gain" was offered only if you used a certain
feeder.  Leastwize, I remember options being
different if you used the "film strip feeder" versus
the "film strip holder" ... and I've forgotten which
was what.
        I'd certainly suggest using the more versatile
VS, but if you're curious about the NS options and
which holder is being used ... check it out and get
back to us ... altho why certain options disappear
shall remain a mystery (... altho, one reason may
be because altering the alalog gain may affect the
subtraction of the orange mask(?) ...)

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.