filmscanners: Scanning negatives for archiving

I have recently bought a Nikon LS2000 for the purpose of scanning my old
negatives and archiving them on CD's. Could anyone guide me on the
following issues:

1-      What resolution should I use for scanning?
2-      What file Format should I use to save?
3-      Any ideas on how to create a database like index to help search the
archived negatives.
4-      Is CD-R a good medium to archive on?

Possibly this info is already available somewhere, in which case I would
appreciate if you can point me to this information. Any Tips will be welcome

Thanks

Khalid Javed

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.