Re: filmscanners: OT: anyone else sick of this? [was Re: Anyone using Win2K? Does is manage color like W98SE?]

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dicky" <corbettr@dircon.co.uk>
To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2001 11:44 AM
Subject: Re: filmscanners: OT: anyone else sick of this? [was Re: Anyone
using Win2K? Does is manage color like W98SE?]

Vuescan is
> > temporary and arises from the new version 7 just issued in Beta -
I'd much
> > rather that we were able to provide input into program desires to Ed
than
> > that there be fewer messages.  In addition, Vuescan is important
software
> > for this group.
>

> Well said sir, very well said indeed if I might say so and in addition
let
> me just add that I wish more power to Mr viewScan's elbow, or should
that be
> writing hands?

well said but completely 100% nothing to do with the original "anyone
else sick of this?" post (doesn't anyone even read the SUBJECT?  not to
mention the body?).  i.e. my complaint about the developing Linux vs.
Windows 2000 flame war (amazing considering for over a DECADE now, OS
discussions have been considered flame bait) not Vuescan.  Mr. Lidaka
didn't even bother to read my message and now everyone is going to start
another thread in support of Vuescan or something.  we all love Vuescan.
okay, now that that's out of the way, can we please talk about scanners,
scanning software (like Vuescan), and scanning techniques?  and not
about Linux vs. Windows.  there are newsgroups for that sort of thing.
also, you can join my Linux vs. Windows vs. Mac vs. Amiga list. just
send your extremely interesting opinions to /dev/null.

thank you

~j (bewildered)

p.s.   my original post, please someone tell me where i talked about
vuescan:

this list is one of the busiest list's i'm on.  does it really need
another flame war?