Re: filmscanners: Vuescan scan from scanner option

Ed writes ...

> Unfortunately, VueScan always does the color space conversion,
> so this isn't really practical.  I suppose I could add a color space
> of "Device" which left the pixels in the device's color space.

    A very good color space option you may want to eventually offer is
an actual color space specific to the scanner.  For example, what if
the scanner manufacturer provided a look-up table (LUT) type profile
for the scanner ... wouldn't it be a good option to have for being
able to convert to that profile and archive it(?).  I imagine this
would need another option in your list of color spaces ... "device (or
custom)" ... which would bring up a "find file" dialog which could
accommodate (1) the LUT ICM file ... or (2) a monitor profile ... or
(3) a working space profile you do not list .. or (4) "no conversion"

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.