Re: filmscanners: Vuescan scan from disk option

Ed writes ...

> Unfortunately, VueScan always does the color space conversion,
> so this isn't really practical.  I suppose I could add a color space
> of "Device" which left the pixels in the device's color space.  Is
> this what you're looking for?

    I'd be careful about calling it "device's color space" ... someone
will assume you are writing the TIF/JPEG to the device's color space,
i.e., the scanner's color space (this option is likely to show up on
your list of color spaces, despite the device being the scanner or the
disk).  A color space option of "none" would seem more appropriate, or
possibly a "color space conversion" on/off switch.
    Which brings up a question ... if the device is a scanner, does
Vuescan absolutely need a "to" color space ... which is to ask, when
VS converts from "raw" to "crop=corrected", is there such color space
as "generic"?  I ask because it surprises me your list of color spaces
has never listed "none" or provided an on/off switch.

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.