Re: filmscanners: Vuescan scan from disk option

gorf writes ...

> Currently I am using only the raw file generated by Vuescan (with I
> -channel) load this into PS and apply a profile conversion to
> Adobe RGB with an ICC profile created for my scanner.
> This gives me the best possible color/level/gamma balance results
for
> slides, which I predominately shoot.

> Then it occurred to me that it must be possible to use Vuescan
> to rescan the profile converted image via the 'Scan from Disk'
> option and only apply the Clean option (with use of the
> I-channel), WITHOUT any alterations to the color,
> levels, brightness and gamma of the image
> .
> Unfortunately there is always a noticeable difference in the color
> balance of the image. WHY ?
>
> The options I use ..., Color Space Adobe RGB ...

    This color space option is probably converting AdobeRGB data "to"
AdobeRGB data, while assuming it is raw RGB data.  For your purposes,
Vuescan should have a "color space = none" option.

    Can I ask what scanner you are using, and where the profile came
from?

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.