filmscanners: Vuescan scan from disk option

To Ed Hamrick and other Vuescan experts,

Currently I am using only the raw file generated by Vuescan (with I
-channel) load this into PS and
apply a profile conversion to Adobe RGB with an ICC profile created for
my scanner.
This gives me the best possible color/level/gamma balance results for
slides, which I predominately shoot.

For the dust and scratches removal I use a homemade PS action that works
with the I-channel from the
raw file. It works for most of the cases whereby the amount of speckles
is limited. If there are a lot
my action doesn't work that well.

Then it occurred to me that it must be possible to use Vuescan to rescan
the profile converted image via
the 'Scan from Disk' option and only apply the Clean option (with use of
the I-channel), WITHOUT
any alterations to the color, levels, brightness and gamma of the image
.
Unfortunately there is always a noticeable difference in the color
balance of the image. WHY ?

The options I use to rescan are Media type Image, Image Brightness 1,
Color Balance None, Color
Space Adobe RGB (as the source image), Gamma 1 and the Clean option of
course.

To Ed: Would you consider to implement an optional control that allows
one to apply the Clean option
            also on the Raw file ?

Greetings, Hans van Gerven.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.