filmscanners: Any luck with new Matrox drivers?

A friend of mine is trying to get the new Matrox 450 drivers working in a
dual monitor system with two different resolutions and so far has not been
successful. When he sets the second monitor to a different resolution, the
screen goes blank. They work fine if the resolutions are the same, same as
always. Anyone having any better luck? My friend wants to know who is stupid
here: my friend (who worries that he is too stupid to figure out the
problem), or Matrox for releasing a bug fix that doesn't fix the bug?

Frank Paris
marshalt@spiritone.com