Re: filmscanners: Puzzled about display resolution

Mark T. wrote:

> Sorry to give you the bad news, but if you surf around with java/javascript
> on, site counters will gather the following information and report it back
> to the site owner:
> - Your browser and version no.
> - Your operating system
> - Your resolution and color depth
> - Your domain (ie your country of origin, and even the server from which
> your connection emanates)
> - The referring site, ie the site or search engine from which you came
>
> By the way, the site doesn't have to display a site counter for this to
> happen, so you can't know when it occurs.
>

> I am only interested in collecting the browser/resolution/color depth info
> because I work with many web pages and I always test the pages on the most
> common platforms/setups.
>
> Regards, Mark T.

I'm waiting for the monitor salesmen to start calling, or at least
leaving e-mail messages...

"Being that you are still browsing the web with an antiquated 17"
monitor, and missing the visual splendor of 1600 x 1200 pixel screen
size, we have an offer you can't refuse..."  "Act now, before you're the
last one on your block who isn't watching internet porn on a wide 21"
screen!"  "Imagine the colors, the detail and definition you are
missing... No more squinting! No more wondering it that's a freckle or a
pimple on his/her butt!  A 21" monitor is like looking through your
neighbor's window with high priced binoculars!"

"Don't wait another minute, don't become an overnight Luddite, click
this link, and just say "yes" to our special offer... you won't regret it!

http://www.size.does.matter.com

Scanners... oh, I thought you said scammers! (sorry, never mind!)

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.