RE: filmscanners: Puzzled about display resolution

Again, your spec is wrong on the Hitachi 81x and Cornerstone p1x00 (5, 6, 7)
monitors. It is .22.

> By the way, what do you really win out of a higher resolution?

I've explained it already, several times. You get finer dot pitch, and so
images and fonts of the same physical size look smoother. What would you
rather look at all day, a 12 point font that is constructed with 8 vertical
dots or one constructed with 20 vertical dots? That's about the difference
between 800x600 and 1856x1392. I don't understand why this isn't a
no-brainer.

Frank Paris
marshalt@spiritone.com