Re: filmscanners: Puzzled about display resolution

Frank

Keep in mind that a lot of software will not run, or will not run
correctly with Large or Scaled screen fonts. One of the first things
Adobe recommends when you are having stability problems with their
software ( Pagemaker, Photoshop, etc. ) is set the machine for small
fonts. Some of the Kodak software will not run at all with scaled fonts.

I'm running 1152 X 864 on a 19" Samsung 955DF monitor, small fonts, and
it's comfortable to my 45yo eyes. If I go to any higher resolution, too
many things on the screen are just too small...

--
Jim

Frank Paris wrote:

> All of that can be handled, since you can specify large icons, etc.
>
> Frank Paris
> marshalt@spiritone.com
> http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=62684
>
> > Lastly, even if
> > my video card and monitor can produce 1600 x 1200 pixel screen, I'd be
> > unlikely to use it that way, due to the way it would shrink icons,
> > cursor and tool sizes on a 17" screen.
> >
> > Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.