RE: filmscanners: Puzzled about display resolution

You can set your refresh rate also in the Control Panel Display icon. It
should be at least 75. Sometimes at high resolutions and greater than 75,
you are pushing the bandwidth of your video card/monitor and things will
start to fuzz up. So you have to be aware of the tradeoffs between high
refresh rate and the capabilities of your hardware. The advertised maximums
invariably push the system into less than optimal sharpness. Remember,
screen resolution and sharpness are not at all the same thing, even though
literally speaking, the word resolution seems to imply that they are. This
is what I think Austin Franklin's beef is in using the word resolution to
name the pixel dimensions of the display.

Frank Paris
marshalt@spiritone.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.