RE: filmscanners: Need feedback on VueScan Idea

Ed writes ...

> In a message dated 3/7/2001 3:16:03 AM EST,
> TimVictor@csi.com writes:
>
> > One of the keys to effective software design is to make the common
> >  cases easy and the uncommon cases possible.
>
> I completely agree with this.  ..
>
> What do people think of my putting options that affect the raw scan
> in the Device tab, and other options in other tabs?  I've been asked
> several times in the past few days which options affect the
> raw scan, and this seems like a logical way to organize things.

        I happen to believe VS's "raw scan" versus "subsequent crop"
philosophy is its greatest strength and what sets it apart form other
softwares.  I believe you ought to emphasize this, and make it
conceptually easy to use, by keeping what addresses the raw scan in
one tab, separated from what addresses subsequent cropping.

anotheu US$0.02 ... shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.