Re: filmscanners: Need feedback on VueScan Idea

In a message dated 3/7/2001 3:16:03 AM EST, TimVictor@csi.com writes:

> One of the keys to effective software design is to make the common
>  cases easy and the uncommon cases possible.

I completely agree with this.  However, one person's logical grouping
of controls isn't logical to another person.

What do people think of my putting options that affect the raw scan
in the Device tab, and other options in other tabs?  I've been asked
several times in the past few days which options affect the raw scan,
and this seems like a logical way to organize things.

However, I could also imagine wanting to put the most common options
in one tab, and less common options in another, but this would be
subject to endless debate about what a "common" option is.  Doing
it functionally would at least end the debate <smile>.

It's only a single-click to pull up another tab, so I think it makes
sense to organize the tabs functionally.

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.