Re: filmscanners: Kodak Color Input Targets

I don't know about the Acer but my Microtek ArtixScan 4000t (now it is
already working well again!) came with the Q60-E3 slide and the
corresponding profiling software bundled and included in the price. I think
that the color targets are useless unless you have the profiling software
for the the scanner you want profile, but other more experient members of
the list will enlight you on this, I am sure. I suppose that profiling the
scanner with standard targets is the only way insure that the global color
management is tuned, but a correctly calibrate and proliled monitor is of
not less importance.

Search for bundled targets and software in your list of possible purchases
and get assured that if you must buy a separate color target you will have
the means to apply it to the scanner that you want profile. All this would
seem very confuse for me a couple of monthes ago, but now I am already
obtaining good results -- anyone that begins is a "newbie" and all the gurus
have been "newbies" -- don't be intimidated by the initial problems and
confusion, they soon will be overriden. I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mário Teixeira
mjteixeira@yahoo.com