Re: filmscanners: Need feedback on VueScan Improvements

----- Original Message -----
From: "shAf" <michael@shaffer.net>
To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2001 8:52 AM
Subject: RE: filmscanners: Need feedback on VueScan Improvements

> Manually adjusting exposure, also brings up a point.  I wish the
> number which would be input could be more intuitive.  For example, if
> I wanted to increase the exposure by an f/stop equivelent, then double
> the number; 2 stops, quadruple the number.  Trying to do this
> obviously brings up the question of doing this, and also having it
> equivalently affect ALL scanners VS supports.  In this context, we do
> have to be careful/understanding when we make such suggestions for VS.

brilliant idea.  it would so cool to do all the measurements and
adjustements in terms of EI values.

this would be technically difficult to do, because each scanner would have
to have it's own scales, calibrations might be off, etc.  also, it may be
intuitive to photographers, but what about graphic artists?  is VueScan
directed at photographers only?

~j

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.