Re: filmscanners: Need feedback on VueScan Improvements

Ed,

Thanks for the opportunity for all of us to give you input.

1.) The zoom preview sounds awesome.   If we could zoom in two to four times
to 400% it would be even better.

2.)  Yes.

3.)  Sounds like a good improvement.

I would also suggest that a Prescan Tab should be added to the left side
that would display a Prescan Window.  A Prescan button would also be added
that  would allow a low resolution prescan of whatever film was placed in
the scanner, up to 40 frames.  The frames would be displayed in the Prescan
window as thumbnails.  These thumbnails would be selectable via the mouse
using standard Windows selection techniques. (left click, control-left
click, shift-left click).  The selection would show up in the Frame Number
settings, which would now be on the updated Crop Tab.

While your at it, a histogram with mouse selectable white and black points
would be way cool.  Along with a little Unsharp Mask most images could be
scanned and be ready to go straight out of Vuescan.   Photoshop would only
be needed for image manipulation or darkroom type finessing,  not for
scanning images.  And the value of Vuescan will have grown exponentially
(IMO).

Keep up the great work!

Bob Kehl