RE: filmscanners: Need feedback on VueScan Improvements

Changes sound good to me too. Please do make these changes. Thanks in
advance.
First I thought I should not reply because you (Ed) asked for opinions of
people who objected to the suggested changes or who would like things to be
done differently.

Finally I came up with a suggestion, but the real suggestion is in the first
line.

Just a little thought on behaviour which is arguably a bug:
I use preview memory setting and it does not seem to remember from which
frame (in Scanwit case 1-4, 1-6) the last preview came. So if e.g. I batch
scanned a set '1, 2F, 3R-6R' and enter a new set for the new frames '1,
2F-4F, 5, 6L' the preview will immediately turn the last frame preview of
the previous set (6R) to the orientation of the first frame of the next set
(1, i.e. to the left) and the crop box does not change orientation.
Please let the crop box always follow the orientation of the preview
(perhaps you already did, but the bug is in remembering the frame in the
preview to which the orientation applies).
Also if possible and not objectionable do not calculate the preview from
memory of the frame of the last preview if it does not equal the frame
(number) of the next (to be done) preview.

I hope I made myself clear, it is hard to tell what I mean without showing
it.
Of course: I do not have the newest Vuescan version, but I know it is in the
6.7.x range.

Jerry.

        []

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.