filmscanners: Artixscan 4000t (Win Me/2k Pro ICC Profiling)

I apologize for putting the question here, but I am sure that I will get a
much faster help then from Microtek support. I just received my 4000t, after
an one and a half monthes delay in Microtek technical support (BTW, too much
time to tell me that the scanner hadn't any problem; and I am positively
sure that it had). I would like to know much more about typical or usual
support delays and scanners robustness in the different brands, in order to
plan the purchase of another film scanner with similar features. But now I
am with an urgent problem.

The profiles that I obtain now with Microtek ICC Profiler (v. 1.14 and the
correct E3-Q60 file) are uggly -- when profiling the image is too violet and
the scannings have an intense yellow-greenish tint. If I use any of my old
profiles or the Kodak slide profile canned in ScanWizard Pro, I obtain the
expected results.

The only difference that I can see is that the old profiles were built with
Win98SE and meanwhile I upgraded to WinME (and I am trying to move to
Win2000Pro). Could any 4000t owner tell me if the Microtek ICC Profiler
doesn't give good results with these Windows versions or if the problem is
elsewhere? Any other help? TIA.

Mário Teixeira
mjteixeira@yahoo.com