RE: filmscanners: File sizes, file formats, etc. for printing 8.5 x 11and 13 x 17...

>... that dot
> from your printer can only be one of at test a dozen colors.  In most
> cases ... the printer can only place on dot of
> each color in it's cartridges on any one spot.  So, a CMYK printer, can,
> for instance, place a C, CM, CY, CK, CMY, CMK, M, MY, MK, MYK, Y, YK or
> CMYK dot down in one of those locations.

I am curious how you know they (let's say the Epson printers) print more
than one dot at any one 'point' on the paper, ie, the CM, CY etc. 'colors'
you mention?  I believed, though I could be wrong, they only print one
color, C or M or Y or K at any spot on the paper.  That they did no blending
of ink, which is what I take you are saying they do.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.