filmscanners: Nikon Problem LS-2000

I have an LS-2000 with a probelm that Nikon's "quality service" doesn't seem
to be able to resolve.  I need some input from LS-2000 users.

When scanning negatives with the autofeed filmstrip adapter, the scanner
doesn't center on the images but leaves a white banner on top and crops a
little at the bottom. It seems as though the CCD is not centered on the
image area.   I'm not talking about centering between frames, which can be
corrected with the "offset" control.  I'm talking about centering the image
top to bottom of the filmstrip.

It does this consistently.  I've sent it in to Nikon's USA Service
Department in New Yourk TWICE!.  The first time they changed a few parts but
didn't fix the problem.  The second time they just checked it and sent it
back.  Both times they included a form that stated "teh unit  is functioning
normally".

Is this Normal?.   I'm not sure, because it's done this since I first bought
it.

Help.

Bob Kehl

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.