RE: filmscanners: VueScan USB support on Mac OS

> I just thought I'd drop a quick note to let the Mac users
> on this mailing list know that I now have VueScan working
> with USB scanners on Mac OS.  I'll release this in the next
> 24 hours as VueScan 6.7.3, but I thought people would like
> to know the good news.

        Great news, now for some questions:

        1) Do the problem scanners (w/button polling) present the same
problems under Windows?  If not, why not?

        2) Is FireWire next?  Especially for the Mac? This would open up the
new Nikon and various flatbed scanners.

        3) Does VueScan function under MacOS X.  As a native application or
under compatibility mode?  Are you waiting for a carbon version of cross
platform windowing library or is the problem with accessing
SCSI/USB/FireWire under MacOS X?

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.