RE: filmscanners: OT: How to reset Epsons with "chipped" cartridges

> > Just because it can get status information on the ink level in
> > the cartridge
> > from the printer, does not mean it can 1) write it back TO the
> printer, or
> > 2) that this information is 'maintained' on your PC.
>
> Duh, I don't think I made either claim. Read what I wrote.

You ought to read what I wrote!  You were replying to my post claiming I
said that the ink level wasn't sent back to the computer for status...note,
you added the status part.  We weren't talking about ink level status, we
were talking about maintaining the level of the ink, as in how much ink is
used, and who keeps track of that.  The status you get on your PC is static.
The printer gives you a level, and it gets displayed.  The dynamic level of
the ink is maintained by the cartridge or the printer, but not by the
computer the printer is hooked up to.

I think we had a slight misunderstanding of each others posts.  I thought
you were replying to my point...you were talking about ink status, and I
wasn't.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.