Re: filmscanners: scanner software opinion

check out www.linocolor.com   look at their Linocolor 1400 flatbed scanner... it
comes with a software package that is made be Linotype-Hell for their top end
pro scanners... the scanners can be bout through www.publishingperfection.com,
or you can look up the 1400's previous incarnation on e-bay, it's called an
Ultra-Saphir 2

Mike Moore

Reddog wrote:

> In researching my choice for a flatbed scanner I have come to the following
> conclusion. Yes, D-max and resolution and bits are important but little is
> ever said about the scanner software. Aspects such as separate RGB channels
> on the histogram and the ability to manipulate the image are seldom
> discussed.
> My question to the list is:
> In your opinion what is the best software the comes with a flatbed scanner?
> HP,Microtek,Epson,Agfa,Umax or some other....
> Where can you see screen shots of the scanner software or get detailed info?
> Many manufacturers don't even tell you the features  their software offers.
>
> Thanks for your thoughts,
> Ken

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.