Re: filmscanners: Monitor for Mac under $500?

On Fri, 9 Feb 2001 18:57:06 -0700, Berry Ives wrote:

>I'm wondering if I'm overlooking any options for Mac.  So far, I have
>considered the Apple 17" CRT, which is real cute and has 2 USB ports but
>expensive at $500 for a 17" (16" viewable).
>
>A much better deal would appear to be the NEC Multisync FE950+ 19" for $457
>including shipping. This has a flat screen and compact depth.
>
>Any other recommendations?
>
>--Berry

Berry,

Those Apple 17" are worth a close look:
- Flat sceen (verticaly and horizontaly;
- Compensates for color shift and maintains color calibration (adjust its
internal electron beam);
- Two ports USB hub integrated.

..and good looking too :-)

Sure enough, 21" displays are great to use ( I had one for 3 years) but
two 17" are a much better way to work. And you will often be able to get
2 of them for less than the price of a 21"!!

My advise: get two 17" displays right now if you can; otherwise, get the
best 17" you can + a cheap 14" and use this one to store your palettes.

--
Have a good day!

Raymond Carles

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.