RE: filmscanners: VueScan suggestion

Richard,

You can do this easily by just saving your Vuescan.ini file. I do that in a
folder that I create called vuescan ini so that the folder just shows up
alphabetically below my main Vuescan folder(but not as a subfolder of it, so
I can easily delete the main folder, but not the ini folder). This saving of
the ini settings is done by clicking "save options" under the file menu.

Each time I get a new version, I just delete the old main Vuescan folder,
and then install the new version. Then I open the new version and click on
"load options" in the file menu and click on the vuescan ini that I had
previously saved. It only takes seconds.

I'm always amazed at how simple and quick it is to delete the old program,
install the new one and restore my old preferences. The program is small and
neat(although approaching the magical 1 Mb figure). I like that I don't have
to use "add/remove programs" to do all this.

Bill Twieg

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.