Re: filmscanners: OT: dyesub printers (long)

The number I was heard about 2 years ago was 8 years "hanging on the wall".
This was in reference to prints from ALPS printers which, I believe, are no
longer sold in the US.  The source was a book published a few years ago
which was not only about digital items but also about conventional films and
prints.  It was in the possession of Tony Iadavia, operating as "Photography
Unlimited" in San Rafael, California, who passed the info on to me.  At the
time, his large stand alone professional printer (an Epson as I recall;
don't know what model) produced  pigmented inks digital prints rated at 50
years longevity.

As I recall, Wilm Research had about the same figure on their Site before
the Site started undergoing eternal "repairs".

A footnote:  I was in the local ComputerWare Store yesterday (one of a chain
of stores specializing in Mac computers but which also sell peripherals from
all over) and there were large piles of boxes stacked all over containing
new Canon dye sub printers!  I'd determined long ago that dye subs weren't
for me, though.

Hart Corbett

----------
>From: "Rob Geraghty" <harper@wordweb.com>
>To: <filmscanners@halftone.co.uk>
>Subject: Re: filmscanners: OT: dyesub printers (long)
>Date: Sat, Feb 3, 2001, 12:47 AM
>

>> Arthur Entlich wrote:
> [stuff about dye sub]
>
> There seemed to be stuff on the Epson list that dye sub prints may not last
> as long as pigment based inkjet prints.  Anyone have any ideas on dye sub
> longevity?
>
> Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.