filmscanners: Re: VueScan 6.6.1 problems - long pass

At 10:46 AM -0500 2/4/01, Viacheslav Zilberfayn wrote:

>Hi, I just tried VueScan (with new Canoscan 2710), and I'm having some
>problems.

        I've had exactly the same thing with my FS2710 and VueScan's
Long Pass - the bright red "flare" along sharp edges and the "double
edge" effect. I've already sent sample photos to the list, so I won't
repeat them here.
        When I asked Ed about it, he sent the following:

At 4:52 AM -0500 1/31/01, EdHamrick@aol.com wrote:
>It appears that there's just too much leakage from overexposed
>CCD elements to nearby elements, and that this is causing the
>shadowing.

        It's not clear if Ed will be able to fix it, but in the
meantime I have gone back to using 2- and 3-pass scans, which do a
pretty good job of lessening the noise.

At 10:46 AM -0500 2/4/01, Viacheslav Zilberfayn wrote:

>2. Sometimes VueScan get into some strange state, when changing
>settings does not seem to affect "Scan".

        Yeah, I sometimes get strange things, too. If I can't fix
them easily, I just close VueScan and reopen it, which seems to reset
things more or less back to normal. There are so many variables to
play with when using VueScan that I always seem to forget at least
one of the crucial settings(<g>). Wouldn't do without it, though!
        I've never paid much attention to auto focus. I set it for
"Preview" and it's always worked essentially the way I've wanted.

Regards,
Roger Smith

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.