Re: filmscanners: x Stuart !! was .. Black Widow or Slidescan Transp'y Adaptor ???

Stuart wrote:
>The point u r missing as far as I can see is that the Black Widow and
>Slidescan slide adaptors are totally different from the transparency hoods
>you are talking about -these are a prism device that siits on top of a

>flatbed and is not made by the scanner manfrs like the HP device-test
>reports from magazines are good

Sorry Stuart - the slide adaptor for the HP 6200 series *is* a prism which
sits on the flatbed *not* a full blown T/A.  There was a full T/A for the
HP IIIc, IVc, 6100, 6200 series but it cost as much as the scanner itself
(which was a crazy amount of money by today's prices - I paid over US$700
for my IIIc in 1995).

Ezio wrote:
>>Rob is a real gentleman !

Thanks! :)

>>The results are not poor ... simply are not there .
>>After 3 months of absolute pain and real cursing in Italian (the worst
>>possible and the most siny ... don't we have the Pope ..... ? ) I have
>>given up (it was 3 years ago with a very expensive 6200c ...

As I recall, I had to put the adaptor on the flatbed in the reverse
orientation to that shown in the instructions for it to work.
I only tried it with a few slides.  The 300dpi from my Scanjet 3c
(or even bumped to 600dpi) wasn't clean enough to give good results.
It also helped if I used the scanner at night with the room lights
off!!

>>and I have bought a Nikon LS-30.

A *waaaaay* better solution. :)

Rob