Re: filmscanners: VueScan 6.6 Available

Ed wrote:
>to violate any of ASF's patents.  In avoiding their patents, I was able
>to come up with a much better way of doing infrared dust removal
>(what ASF calls ICE) and grain reduction (what ASF calls GEM).

I haven't had the chance to try the latest version of Vuescan, but very
recent versions didn't seem to do much with scratch removal.  Do the new
algorithms you're using have much of an effect on scratches?
(I have a lot of negs badly abused by photo labs)

Rob

Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
http://wordweb.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.