RE: filmscanners: Home C-41 processing

On Monday, January 29, Michael Wilkinson wrote:
> If pre soaking in order to bring film up to temperature is not
> recommended, why do it ?

I might have not been clear enough about it, but I'd already agreed
that there was no reason to prewet the film. I've never tried it and
wasn't intending to argue for it, just wondering aloud about what
Tony mentioned about crossed curves and how catastropic that
would really be. Sorry if my message was unclear about that.

> One of the reasons labs keep their costs down is that they reclaim the
> dissolved silver rather than dumping it down the drain,what will you do
> with yours ?

Alan's private reply on this subject is quite enlightening.

> If however you have a great shot and a poor neg you are destined to
> never achieving perfection.

As with any human endeavor that I'm aware of, perfection will never
be attained. I can live with that. <grin>

Best wishes,

Tim Victor
TimVictor@csi.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.