filmscanners: [OFF] problem with image brightness

Please help me with this problem:
Me (photos) and my friend (HTML) are preparing my Internet photo gallery.
The problem is that the photos I've prepared in Photoshop 4.0 are prefect on
my screen, but when I view them through Internet Explorer 5.0 they appear
much darker. They also appear darker in applications like ACDSee and
ThumbsPlus. What can it be? All other peoples' web pages look ok in my IE
5.0. I also haven't had any problems with pictures I made with Photoshop.
I have to find the solution today as my web pages are already very delayed.I
was told that I should change the gamma value of the monitor within
Photoshop (currently I have 1.8, changed for a while to 2.2 and then the
pictures looked equally dark as in IE 5.0.)

Tomasz Zakrzewski

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.