filmscanners: Re: Epson Printers

Folks,

Does using non-Epson paper void the Epson warranty?

Someone had a superb suggestion: What happened in a real-life
situation when a printer (that was using non-Epson inks) was
returned to Epson?

Meanwhile, I want to thank Tony Sleep for his superb moderation of
this site.  I must leave the list for a bit for I go off to Mexico
to do research at the Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary at Angangueo; then
off to Malaysia to track the migration of raptors such as the black
baza and oriental honey buzzard returning to the Asian mainland from
Sumatra at Tanjung Tuan.

Robert DeCandido, PhD

John Woodworth wrote:

> Yes, it would definitely be an uphill fight.
>
> One could read the Epson position even more broadly than just ink
> flow-related problems.
>
> At 12:12 PM 1/29/01 +1000, you wrote:
> > > A: EPSON does not recommend refilling or using 3rd party ink
> > > cartridges. Using these products will not void the Epson
> > > warranty, however, if these products cause a failure, the
> > > repair of that failure will not be covered under warranty. "
> >
> >Which is essentially what I wrote below - any problem caused
> >by 3rd party inks is not covered by the warranty. :)

> >Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com
> >http://wordweb.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.