From: owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of John Woodworth
Sent: Sunday, January 28, 2001 6:14 PM
To: filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
Subject: RE: Pigmented inks was Re: filmscanners: SS4000 and LS-2000
real value?

Here is a quote from the FAQ's section of epson's website
(http://files.support.epson.com/txt/pho127/pho127f1.txt) which may be of
interest:

"Q: Can the Epson ink cartridges be refilled or can 3rd party ink
cartridges be used without voiding the warranty?
A: EPSON does not recommend refilling or using 3rd party ink cartridges.
Using these products will not void the Epson warranty, however, if these
products cause a failure, the repair of that failure will not be covered
under warranty. "

For what it's worth.

At 01:15 PM 1/28/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Actually Rob is right concerning Epson's official position.  Furthermore,
>just removing the CIS, if your printer allows for the use of a CIS since
>many do not - especially the newer chipped models, and reinstalling the
>Epson cartridges by itself will not necessarily work.  You would have to
>flush and clean all the old third party ink out of the machine as well.
Any
>third party ink residue left in the machine for an Epson tech to find and
>analyze would be grounds for voiding the warranty legally.
>
>Basically, what you are suggesting and what those who you cite are
>suggesting constitute an illegal work around the provisions of the warranty
>and hence would void the warranty.  That Epson personnel may not be able to
>determine that you have voided the warranty or turn a blind eye to that
fact
>is another matter altogether.  It is a practical issue and not a legal one.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.