Re: Pigmented inks was Re: filmscanners: SS4000 and LS-2000 real value?

"Robert DeCandido" <rdcny@earthlink.net> wrote:
> You do not void your warranty by using third party inks in an
> Epson.  If you need to return the printer for servicing, just remove
> the CIS and re-install the Epson cartridges.  See the Inkjetmall web
> site (Cone Peizography, eg) for a discussion of this.  We have been
> back and forth on that issue on the Peizo list...Repeat: You do not
> void the warranty!

I suspect Epson would take a different view if the reason the printer
was being returned has due to head blocks caused by non-OEM
inks.  AFAIK Epson's official line is that the use of 3rd party inks
voids the warranty as far as anything to do with the ink flow is
concerned.

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.