Re: filmscanners: Image alignment/registration

>so the question is... How do you
>accurately register multiple scans of different negs of the
>same subject?

I have tried this only when matching the overlaps of
panoramic shots when I *have* moved the camera, on a tripod
pan head. I haven't found it too difficult myself to match
the edges of shots.

PaintShopPro7, and I expect Photoshop, allow you to 'nudge'
selections across the screen 1 pixel at a time, using
keyboard shortcuts. So you could do it by eye, on-screen. I
suspect your brain will beat automatic software quite
easily.

As a 2700dpi scan is about 106 pixels per millimetre on a
35mm frame, we're talking about 9 micron per pixel nudges on
the negative. Negative positioning in the film transport and
the scanner isn't likely to be that accurate from frame to
frame, or is it?

Good luck,

Alan T