Re: filmscanners: vuescan blue color shift for Kochachrome

Bin,

Have you tried using the image  setting instead of slide.
I found that I get better scans of the Sensia II 100 that way.
Ed recommended earlier using this setting for slides. I don't know what
he says for the current version of Vuescan.

/ Johan Ekeroot

Bin Ming wrote:

> I'm not sure if this was brought up before. In vuescan
> if I select "slide" the colors in my slides actually
> are very flat. (I have Sensia II 100 and Kodachrome
> 64.) Changing to "image" is much better and I'm very
> happy with the results. However the kodachromes now
> certainly have a blue color shift. Playing between
> "white balance", "auto levels", "neutral" even "none"
> doesn't help much. Curiously, the software with my
> Minolta Dualscan II doesn't show the blue. and I find
> out the color shift happens only to kodachromes. In PS
> the blue can be compesated, but I wonder why I can't
> get it right in Vuescan in the first place ...
>
> Your help is much appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Bin Ming

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.