filmscanners: vuescan blue color shift for Kochachrome

I'm not sure if this was brought up before. In vuescan
if I select "slide" the colors in my slides actually
are very flat. (I have Sensia II 100 and Kodachrome
64.) Changing to "image" is much better and I'm very
happy with the results. However the kodachromes now
certainly have a blue color shift. Playing between
"white balance", "auto levels", "neutral" even "none"
doesn't help much. Curiously, the software with my
Minolta Dualscan II doesn't show the blue. and I find
out the color shift happens only to kodachromes. In PS
the blue can be compesated, but I wonder why I can't
get it right in Vuescan in the first place ...

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Bin Ming