Re: filmscanners: Scratched Negs & Home C-41 processing

I've been considering doing my own E6 processing for some
time, for all the reasons mentioned in this thread. I did my
own E6 for many years, using several different chemistries,
and rudimentary equipment, including several thermometers.
I'm a retired chemist, so I could do with the experimental
practice.

Until these last two messages partly answered it for me, I
was going to ask just *how* critical the time & temperature
were.

My other questions for those who've done home C41 are...

(1) What is the shelf life of opened stock solutions? (For
E6 developers, it wasn't good, even with careful
displacement of air from the top of the bottles.)

(2) How bad are the economics? 10-15 years ago it was
costing me more to do my own, but the results were better.

All info welcome.
Regards,

Alan T